My role as toastmaster is to ensure your wedding or event flows smoothly from start to finish. I offer you the benefit of my experience and expertise throughout the planning stages and on the day, will be on hand with my friendly and professional approach to guide you and your guests through the whole day. This can include your wedding ceremony, wedding breakfast and if required, right through to your first dance in the evening. My presence will remove the stress and pressure of “hoping everything will be OK”. Everyone will be able to relax and thoroughly enjoy the occasion.
Here is a summary of what my duties may include:
- I will meet with you well in advance to help you plan your day and offer advice on such things as etiquette, timings and order of events.
- On the day I will arrive early to liaise with the management of the venue.
Is your ceremony being held in the same venue?
- If so I will greet your guests and ensure they are seated before the bride arrives.
- I will also assist in arranging for the Bride & Bridegroom to meet the registrar separately.
- I will announce the Bridal party into the ceremony and then, at the conclusion of the ceremony, I will introduce the new Mr. & Mrs…..
Now it’s time for the celebrations to begin.
- I will direct guests as required for the drinks reception and be available to assist the photographer by gathering guests for group photographs.
- Prior to the wedding breakfast I will organise the receiving line when the Bride & Bridegroom greet each guest.
- When all guests are seated for the meal, I will announce the grand entrance of the Bride and Bridegroom and escort them to the top table.
- If required I will say a Grace or introduce a chosen guest to do so.
- At the agreed time I will introduce the cutting of the wedding cake and each principal guest who is to make the traditional speeches and toasts.
- I will also ensure that any gifts or bouquets to be given to parents or bridesmaids etc. are to hand.
- If you have a guest book I will remind guests to sign it and if required pass the book round to each table.
After formally closing the proceedings, I will usually take my leave. However, if requested, I am willing to remain for the beginning of the evening celebrations to greet evening guests; announce the cutting of the wedding cake (if it has not been done previously); gather the single ladies for the throwing of the bride’s bouquet and finally, welcome the newlyweds on to the dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife. I will then take my leave while you and your guests party the night away.
There is much more information on how I can help you, including my helpful hints, guide to the speeches and wedding day timings on my website. There is also a video featuring me in action at a wedding.
I have been a member of the Association of the UK School of Professional Toastmasters since completing my training at the school in 2008.
Toastmaster Bob Lloyd
Contact – Bob Lloyd
Share this Page